Monday, March 2, 2009

Getting a lot for a little

My coupon box and I spent about 45 minutes today at Giant Eagle. We had a great time. I did 2 purchases and of course got the 1 grumpy cashier that have there. Oh well I didn't let him ruin the excitement.
First purchase:















I got 4 Fabreeze Air Effects Reg. 2.99 on sale for 2.50 and used 4 $1 off coupons that doubled. Received a $5 off your next order coupon.
Also got 4 Crest toothpaste Reg. 3.69 on sale for $2.50 and used 4 $1 off coupons that doubled. Received a $3 off you next order coupon.
Total spent: $4.81

Second purchase:















Cascade reg. 4.69 on sale for 4.00 each bought 4 and used 4 $1 off coupons that doubled. Received a $5 off your next order coupon.
Fantstick bought 2 reg. 2.49 each no sale used 2 $1 off coupons that doubled.
Pretzels bought 4 reg. 2.09 on sale for 2.00 each used 4 .75 off coupons that doubled.
Granola bars bought 3 reg. 4.49 on sale 3.00 each used 3 $1 off coupons that doubled.
Colgate bought 4 reg. 2.19 on sale for 1.50 used 4 .75 off coupons that doubled. Making them FREE
Candle Refills (splurge item) not on sale 3.89 used 1 $1 off coupon that doubled.
Pledge Dusters bought 4 reg. 2.99 on sale for 2.50 used 4 $1 off coupons that doubled.
Deodorant bought 4 reg. 2.14 on sale for 2.00 used 4 $1 off coupons that doubled. Making them FREE
Suave Shampoo bought 8 reg. 1.29 on sale for 1.00 used 4 $1.00 off 2 coupons that doubled. Making them FREE
Total Spent $15.22

2 comments:

Clark Family Blog said...

I did the same today :-)
I didn't get exactly the same order but I think both cashiers were grumpy, I messed up my toothbrush count by 1 toothbrush and then she decided she needed to recheck my entire order :-( But it was an honest mistake and nothing else was wrong...way to go! I'm going back later this week to do my second order. Sucrets are free if you have the coupons btw...not sure I saw that on your list.
-another couponing Jen

creativejenv said...

thanks for the heads up on the Sucrets. I don't live very close so I only go once a week. Forgot to mention that on the second order I used the $5 off your next order coupon I received from the first one.
BTW nice to meet you neighbor!